With Product Custom field module, you can provide additional product information to the users by adding unlimited number of custom fields on the product page. You can also ask users for their requirements and offer personalized shopping experience on the store.
- Add multiple custom fields on the product page: text, text area, checkbox, file type, radio button, and dropdown.
- Set text, email, or number to validate the fields(text and text area).
- Add custom field(text and text area) in multi language.
- Enable/Disable or Edit/delete the custom fields.
- Admin can set the character limit within which he can enter the text in the field.
- Go to back office ->modules.
- Upload the module zip file.
- The module will automatically get installed on your Prestashop.
Workflow – Product Custom Field
After installation of the module, a new tab “Manage Custom Field” gets added under “Category” from where admin can add and manage product custom fields.
Types of Custom Fields
Admin can add six types of custom fields to a product page. These are:
- Text Area
- File Type and
- Radio Button
- Validation Type – Admin can set text, email, or number to validate the custom field.
- Attribute Name – In this field, admin can set a unique identity for the custom field.
Once admin has added a custom field then he cannot change the custom field type.
Text Area Field
Adding text area field is very similar to adding text field. While adding text area field, admin does not have to set the validation type.
File Type Field
Radio Button Field
After saving custom fields, admin can view all the custom fields he has added under “Manage Custom Field” tab. Admin can:
- View label name and default value of custom field.
- Edit/Delete the custom field, and
- Enable/Disable the custom field.
After adding the custom fields, admin can view these fields on the “Edit product” page and set the values which will be displayed to users on the product page at front end.
Front End View
When a user visits the product page on the store he can view custom fields and the values added by admin under “Additional Information”.
That’s all for Prestashop Product Custom Field still have any issue feel free to add a ticket and let us know your views to make the module better http://webkul.uvdesk.com/.